Thread: Firearms
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2019, 10:25 AM   #2
Twolunger
I was a bit spoiled when I lived in Michigan because I had 50 acres with a nice valley behind the house. I could take any weapon and shoot any time I felt like it. I had a back stop of logs and dirt to trap the bullets. I could also skeet shoot with a Browning shotgun, or an older Ithaca double barrel. I had a variety of rifles and handguns all the way from a .308 Norma magnum to a .17 beauty. However, in southern Florida you usually need to go to a range, and that involves a drive and structured range rules. No longer as much fun. I sold off all my guns except for a H&R .22 revolver, a Ruger LC-9 which I carry concealed most of the time, and a Sig Saurer SP 2022 .40 which I can carry if I wear a jacket to conceal it. For fun plinking I have a Benjamin Discovery PCP in .22 cal, and a Hatsan Tactical PCP in .25 cal. I charge the cylinders with a scuba tank or a high pressure hand pump. The Hatsan company makes high powered PCP rifles that pack a wallop. There are .50 cal PCP rifles too.

The funny thing is that when I took my handguns to the police station to register them, they told me you don't register guns in Florida. A far cry from parts of Michigan that required a safety class and demonstration of handgun knowledge.