• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Snake Nicknames

Nanci

Alien Lover
I had Zee (Pineapple) out tonight, and I got to wondering if anyone else has nicknames for their snakes.

Zee: Pineapple (If you don't know why, look on youtube.com for "Crocodile Hunter Meets His Match"
Inez: Devil Worm
Addy: Puff Adder, Water Cobra
Maizey: Maizilee
Choco: Chox, Chocilee, Choco Cat, Choxie (He's my favorite, so he gets the most!)

Nanci

Damien : Good Boy - The reason i call him this "all the time" is because when he was first with me, he knew he could break me, although i stayed strong and i'm 100% in control when handling him, no Squeezing me, no nipping me, no Striking with mouth closed and NO tale rattling, he just crawls around! :)

So now i call him good boy all the time, when someone says whats ya snakes name, i say Good boy :) although he is called Damien of course :)

Also, i like your nicknames, and i love you!! you have soo much niceness in you and around you, all them amazing pictures you take, it reminds me of a fairytale garden

I call both of my (female) snakes "Baby Girl"...but I also call my daughter "Baby Girl".

My MBK is frequently called "Cobra Girl" because of her fondness of an upright "cobra strike" position she regularly assumes, albeit non-threateningly.

My corn is frequently called "Funny Girl" because of her inherent ability to tie herself into knots and make the funniest of faces when she looks at me after doing this. I know she hasn't the ability to actually "make faces", but she looks at me as if to say "How did I do that? Can you help me, please?" It's quite funny...

Most of mine just get nicknames that are just shortened versions of their name:
Clementine - Clem
Equinox - Quinn
Ripley - Rips
Prudence - Prue
Both Enydmion and Selene get called Psycho a lot.... and sometimes Selene gets the not nice version of "witch".
Ballantine - pretty girl, pretty baby, sweet girl (she is my little angel!).

Nicknames for snakes??? I thinks it's bad enough that they have names.
I mean, you can't call for them or anything like that. So why you need a nickname?
O well, I guess it's me..

My burm Mephisto I often call my Kitten; a couple others just the short version of their name.

Sir Killsalot is a nickname. His real name is Sebastian.
I call Sophie just plain ol Soph.
My next snake will be named' Sninja'.. He will be a stealth assassin of doom.

beetlejuice is just BJ
murdoc is big guy
and i call lydia my sweet/pretty girl or "you lil sonova *bleep*" just about everytime she tries to eat my hand.

so yeah nothing especially creative

Great thread!

Connor is often called Connorling, Rocky or The Destroyer.
Chester I nearly always call Chaz or Chazzy ;)

And all my animals get the old "pet names" - you know the sort of thing - they are all honey, love, mate, etc :grin01:

Last edited:
Thanks to Vanina, Diamond Lil is the 'finger sausage snake' and Mr William H Bonney is aka 'Killa' from his bitey stage. My 'okeetee' Nellie gets called 'normal' until she gets some brighter colours

I call the cute ones darling (schatje in Dutch) or sweetiepie, or just boy or girl. When one gets defensive I add 'nasty'.

Well, we have a few that have nicknames, some related to personality and some just shorter/cuter versions of their name. Collectively they all get called the kids, the family jewels, or just simply the critters. Depends on who were talkin to and whether we really want them to know who we're talking about! lol...

I also refer to hatchlings or small snakes as baby, sweetie, or little $#!& depending on if he/she is cooperating. Some of our favorite girls get called baby as well while the favorite boys get called handsome.

Some individual nicks:

Sediment (an 06 vanishing stripe male) frequently referred to as 'Knot-Boy' because he literally ties himself into knots during feedings. I need to get some pics of this and hopefully will get some nice ones with the new cam.

Jane (our oldest's 06 Albino Nelsons Milk) is fondly referred to as Jane the Pain.

Zircon (06 hypo male) Is called Zerk the Jerk - he's nice as can be, but the name rhymes. lol...

Tourmaline (06 motley lavender) is called the Vowel Girl, because her name uses all the vowels. My daughter dubbed her this...

Sunstone (the EVIL rootbeer) is refered to as Bratstone, Bumstone, and another name for a female dog or your mother-in-law, which ever works...

And the one that are just shortened names:

Leucite - Lucy
Nepheline - Nephy
Sandstone - Sandy
Mercury - Merk or Merkman

And the most embarassing nickname: Pearly-poo given to our first snake.

As I sit here thinking about how I think of the snakes, and think back on all the times I've actually 'talked' to the snakes. I realize that I REALLY need to get out of the house more. Is it bad when you tell a snake to 'sit' or 'stay' during a photoshoot and expect it to obey???

Jenn *concerned about unstable mental health*

Aislinn is Aislinn Bee
Tiernan is Little Man

Man I'm boring with the nicknames...I think I'll name my next one Pizza Breast Santa or PBS for short because everyone likes one of those things :rolleyes:

Mrs InsaneOne said:
Sediment (an 06 vanishing stripe male) frequently referred to as 'Knot-Boy' because he literally ties himself into knots during feedings. I need to get some pics of this and hopefully will get some nice ones with the new cam.
I didnt think snakes could do this! I thought they had some natural instinct which stopped them tying themselves in knots! I'd love to see the pics!

My nicknames arent really nicknames cos they are longer than my snakes name - Smij.

I call him Smijeroo(not when anyone else is listening! LOL) or Little Snakey Dude...

"Pickle Bunny"- I call him "Pound Puppy" sometimes...since, well...that's what he is!

"Worm"- "Tough Guy", "Cobra Head", "Google Brain"....the list just goes on and on, really.

"Pumpkin"- Not a whole lot. She get's an occasional "princess" or "pretty girl".

I call Leviathan, my RTB 'Jackass' because well, he is one. Sometimes I refer to my cornsnake as worm or little bit, because it's so much smaller than Leviathan by comparison. The corn doesn't actually even have an official name yet, as I've not found one that I really like.

I have no particular name for Elektra, I just call her "precious" or sometimes "missy" when she tries to sneakily get away from me. Alkinoos I call Kee, because nobody can go through life being called Alkinoos.

Back