• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

how to treat bites?

chiemi_chan

my baby avery has bitten me four times since i brought him home last october. each time, he's drawn blood, not to mention left his teeth in me (so say the friendly dudes at the reptile store where i bought him!) and, every time, the bite area has become red, itchy, and inflamed. why do i get these crazy, red, itchy bumps, and how can i treat them? does anyone else get them from their snakes' bite?

Some people are just more 'allergic' to snake bites than other. If I get bit, I itch a bit, but I don't swell up and I don't get all red.

Despite what the pet store dude says, teeth don't always come out with a snake bite.

Either way, just wash with warm water and soap. If you get red and itchy, something like a Benadryll cream will work just fine.

I don't react badly to bites, but we all have to keep them clean regardless, so when I'm bitten I wash the bite marks carefully and usually put a little antiseptic or something on it. Occasionally a plaster if there was a lot of blood.

I use antibac soap for the initial wash as I like something to kill any germs which may have been in the snake's mouth, but personally I wouldn't use too much soap on a snakebite. Soap is an irritant to damaged skin.

Back