View Single Post
Old 11-11-2017, 04:59 PM   #1
kaityk55
Amber vs Honey vs Gold Dust

Hello! I’m new to the snake world and as an avid student of genetics (informally though as I am an ecology major), I love the variety of morphs that corn snakes can come in and the genetics behind them. I particularly want to get one of the beautiful yellow, caramel-based morphs, but I’m having trouble seeing the difference between ambers, honeys, and gold dusts. I understand that they are genetically different, but I’ve been trying to compare them visually on Ian’s Vivarium and they all look basically the same to me.

So for you experienced corn lovers out there, can you tell me the difference between the amber, honey, and gold dust morphs?

(As an aside, I’m mainly looking at these morphs because my goal is to find a corn that is bright yellow while also having distinct saddles with relatively dark borders. So far, these three morphs, along with good ol’ fashioned caramels, seem like my best bets, but I’m open to other suggestions. So bonus points if you can tell me which morph is most likely to be the pattern I want! )