• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Bitten?

Have you been bitten by a CORN?

• Total voters
quite a few times

especially by hatchlings. They tend to be a lot more defensive.
I was also bitten a couple of times while probing a few of my snakes the other night.
My yellow rat drew blood when he bit me on the arm.
After he found out it wouldn't make me let him go he didn't bite again but he did musk.. nasty....lol

Nope ^_^ Mine went to strike once, but didn't open her mouth. It was her snout hitting my hand then both of us pausing and going :eek:

Sherry, it's not a big deal. It's nothing like being bit by a mammal.

Depending on how bad they get you, it either like the rough side of velcro or like tiny pin pricks.

Yeah, really is no big deal.
The thought of it is way worse than an actual bite.
Will make you crazy if you let it. :crazy02:

I haven't yet been bitten by my cornsnake. I have been bitten many times by other wild snakes, mostly water snakes...I'm not really surprised tho...I guess that's what I get chasing them around and catching them :rolleyes:

mbdorfer said:
Yeah, really is no big deal.
The thought of it is way worse than an actual bite.
Will make you crazy if you let it. :crazy02:

That's the truth. The whole act of striking/hissing/rattling is much worse than the actual bite.

daisy said:
I haven't yet been bitten by my cornsnake. I have been bitten many times by other wild snakes, mostly water snakes...I'm not really surprised tho...I guess that's what I get chasing them around and catching them :rolleyes:
If you've been bitten by water snakes, you'll be laughing and saying "Is that all you got?" if a corn gets ya! :cheers:

I've only been bitten by two snakes (both hatchlings) and it's not bad at all. The first was my boyfriend's snake, Sparks, and he just kinda latched on to my knuckle (yeah - goes for the bone instead of flesh, go figure). Felt like little pin pricks. Second was at a show a hatchling kept striking at me. I laughed because it was amusing and didn't hurt in the least.

~Katie

I've only been bitten once and it was for doing something REALLY stupid that I KNEW I shouldn't have been doing in the first place (guess I'm a student of the school of hard knocks). So, I figured it served me right.
I had a f/t mouse in my hand and moved it to get my snakes attention, while, I might add, being stupid and feeding in her viv. So, of course, she was attracted to ME (the movement) not the mouse.
So, I guess I actually learned two lessons:
There is good reason to NOT feed in a viv, and don't convince a snake your hand is food! LOL!
Yea, really, really dumb......!!!!

Getting bitten by corns, ratsnakes, and most recently a kingsnake...really isn't that big of a deal. Cat scratches hurt far worse and do more damage, and I don't find myself not tickling my cats any time soon.

It mostly feels like really rough velcro, the actual act of being bitten is worse than the bite honestly. Instincts tell you to flinch when a snake strikes, I swear. ;)

Most of the corn bites are by hatchlings or those in shed when I startle them. Very few have actually been "my fault" as in dangling a very short tailed mouse.

Here is a post I made last week of the most recent episode that was so fun, it demanded pics. ;)

Kingsnake Bites

Lol, I'm not concerned at all, I know it's not bad, but I was wondering because mine has NEVER made any move to strike or bite me and I am curious about it. I know it's not bad ;) I have been here plenty long enough to figure that out. Thanks for all the replies.

Azruial said:
Lol, I'm not concerned at all, I know it's not bad, but I was wondering because mine has NEVER made any move to strike or bite me and I am curious about it. I know it's not bad ;) I have been here plenty long enough to figure that out. Thanks for all the replies.
Glad to hear you are "at ease" with it. It is a must if you are going to keep snakes. I always "call their bluff" and very rarely been tagged. It's kinda funny how bad they think they are. :cheers:

Lol, I'm not really the type to be scared of being bitten by anything that can't take off my head or inject lethal poison :laugh:

Taceas said:
Cat scratches hurt far worse and do more damage

Haha, cats can do a lot of damage. They can go crazy :crazy02: :p

I've gotten tagged a couple of times, but it didn't hurt - well, once it did b/c I instinctively pulled away, & you have to just wait until they let go. :dgrin:

I've never been bitten

One of my corns did Poo on one of my friends today though. She'd been handling him for awhile, and I guess he was feeling a bit energetic 'n such.

She wasn't too pleased really

i have only ever been bitten once and that was from a hatchling, right out of the egg, it was so cute the way they defend themselves when their that tiny, lol.

Back