• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Meet "Rufus"

He was very noisy last night

So last night I was asleep and suddenly awakened by a loud "Thump."

I lay in bed for a moment wondering what the noise was, was I dreaming?

Then I heard a scratching sound, seemed like it was coming from my front door area. I was afraid for a moment that maybe somebody was trying to break in.

I grabbed my Shotgun and ran to the door. Gazed through the Peephole but saw nothing. About that time I hear another "Thump" this time from behind me.

It was Rufus, just shedding his skin at 3:00am. And he was getting into it. He literally knocked over just about everything in his cage, spilled his water dish. Was totally making a mess of his home.

But relieved I went back to bed. Silly snake.

Attachments

• IMG_1186.JPG
    IMG_1186.JPG
    238.2 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1185.JPG
    IMG_1185.JPG
    201.4 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1181.JPG
    IMG_1181.JPG
    160.6 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1178.JPG
    IMG_1178.JPG
    217.7 KB · Views: 42
He's really crammed in there .....

Corn snakes love Tight fitting Hides. This is a medium size cave with removable top. Rufus loves this hide and it's his favorite. Once he's in there it's almost impossible to get him out. I'm not going to just grab him and start pulling causing injury. I have found if I remove the top and stroke him gently a few minutes, he usually crawls out on his own (last picture). He's currently about 4 feet long and 400 grams. Yet that Cave is no bigger than my 2 fists.

Attachments

• IMG_1190.JPG
    IMG_1190.JPG
    199.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1192.JPG
    IMG_1192.JPG
    208.3 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1189.JPG
    IMG_1189.JPG
    246.5 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1194.JPG
    IMG_1194.JPG
    255.9 KB · Views: 27
So cute! Rufus is such a talented guy.

Yeah, it's amazing how tightly they can grip. Cleo's humid hide is a plastic box so she slides right out. Her log is a different matter even though it has a lift off lid. I don't just pull her out of that either.

He is a BIG boy for sure. No one would want to play or hang around after being dragged out! You and DollysMom are top- notch snake parents.

Knot Tying 101

Rufus has been taking a Knot Tying Class. He's getting pretty good at some of the more complicated knots.

Attachments

• IMG_1198.JPG
    IMG_1198.JPG
    181.6 KB · Views: 35
I'm guessing there is a nice juicy mouse in the middle of the Rufus knot, lol. He's such and handsome and talented boy!

If I hadn't seen the tell'tail' evidence sticking out I'd have given very little hope of ever getting Rufus untangled! If I were Rufus I'd be concerned about my body getting straightened out!

"Pre-Mouse"

Today is feeding day for Rufus. I came to his door and found him like this

Attachments

• IMG_1201.JPG
    IMG_1201.JPG
    208.3 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1203.JPG
    IMG_1203.JPG
    146.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1204.JPG
    IMG_1204.JPG
    158.5 KB · Views: 26
"Post-Mouse"

So now how do I get my swollen belly through that small hole? Maybe if I double myself over I can fit.......

Attachments

• IMG_1205.JPG
    IMG_1205.JPG
    242.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1206.JPG
    IMG_1206.JPG
    241.3 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1207.JPG
    IMG_1207.JPG
    223.9 KB · Views: 25
Back