View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 05:56 AM   #23
DeadMouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbiesCornField View Post
Another question with regards to the "business". If you have your home address listed as your facility when you register a "fictitious name", does it count as a business?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
I can't help you with that Robbie, but I do have new information to add.

I shipped out my first snake last week. Everything went fine. When I dropped her off, I didn't have to pay. I guess I thought since they had my debit card on file, they would just charge that. But no, I got a bill in the mail today. FYI.
I don't know if anybody really read my thread about my whole Fedex Cert. Snafu, but this can be a real issue should the situation arise. Everything that could go wrong for me did and my certification process has stopped stone cold.

When I tried to ship my test box, neither a Fedex Kinkos would take it nor would an actual Fedex Hub because the testing facility did not have an account number because the box was being shipped "bill to recipient". I even had a Fedex customer service agent tell the Kinkos employees they did not need an account number for this facility and yet they still denied my box.

Then when I called the testing facility, they told me that my home address could not be the same as my business address, they had to be 2 completely separate places because the waiver specifically states "business to business" transactions only and that home businesses didn't count. When I explained this to my rep, he told me that I could send from my "home business" but that I'd now have to have an actual business license which in Washington appears to be a major ordeal and added expense.

It really pisses me off considering nobody else seems to be hitting all these blockades that I keep hitting and now I don't know what to do unless I want to shell out hundreds for a business license.