View Single Post
Old 10-15-2017, 10:04 AM   #35
DollysMom
Thank you Strikealight. I’ve always liked being part of this community because it is generally thoughtful and kind. Even if she never posts again, I hope the OP has read some of the other posts that have both attempted to answer her questions and gave some moral support. I always look at the poster’s location and realize the status quo for care and equipment available varies by country.

And no matter how hard you study there is always something to learn. I just learned about PTFE non-stick cookware and birds, as well as it’s possible implications for reptiles. Just when you think you know...

I actually had the first vet I saw with one of my snakes tell me to put the heat pad on the side to avoid burns. I told her I had a thermostat on the UTH but she didn’t care. With the pad on the side, well you might as well have nothing because it heats nothing. My current vet and I are on the same page.

There is an old saying: you win more flies with honey than with vinegar. It holds true here as well.