View Single Post
Old 09-10-2017, 01:41 PM   #3
Caryl
Don't give up! Most of us who keep snakes long term have had an escape or two. There are several tricks to try. Snakes are more likely to travel along walls than through the middle of the room, but they are happy to get into nooks and crannies. Looking around in the dark with a flashlight can help you to focus your field of vision and maybe locate your wanderer. Don't forget to look up. I found an escaped snake at the top of the curtains. I also had luck once with putting the escapee's viv on the floor against a wall. I put the viv on its side with its lid partly blocking the entrance. In the morning the snake was inside the viv, curled in its favorite hide. It's a good idea to put a dish of water somewhere that the snake can get to it, just in case.

And then there was the hatchling escapee on whom I'd given up. He was gone for a couple of months, and I just figured that he was gone for good. One day he turned up coiled at the base of the toilet, of all places. He was a little skinny, but otherwise fine. I have no idea how he survived, but he did. So don't give up!

Hoping you find your snake soon!