• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

BABY corn snake hasn't eaten one meal yet and is 3 months old - GREEN poo

Best of luck to both humans and hatchling - got my fingers crossed for you...

Thank you! That means alot to me - being the owner of our poor Rosie. This experience has put us off breeding our snakes as we have already lost a 2 and a half month old corn :(

I collected Rosie today. She's tiny but still active and unlike Skooge she's still able to move normally as she is stronger than she was. It was lovely to meet Charlotte but we were in a bit of a hurry as Mick's off out fishing overnight with his friends!
I weighed her in at just under 3g, so she got a puree'd day-old red head, just under 0.25 mls. She didn't swallow straight away, and started the backwards movement that usually means the carefully fed meal is coming out, paused, closed her mouth and then swallowed! As she's so tiny I'll feed her the same small amount in 4 days.

Attachments

• 047 (500x375).jpg
    047 (500x375).jpg
    165 KB · Views: 150
  • 051 (500x375).jpg
    051 (500x375).jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 150
  • 060 (500x375).jpg
    060 (500x375).jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 150
I collected Rosie today. She's tiny but still active and unlike Skooge she's still able to move normally as she is stronger than she was. It was lovely to meet Charlotte but we were in a bit of a hurry as Mick's off out fishing overnight with his friends!
I weighed her in at just under 3g, so she got a puree'd day-old red head, just under 0.25 mls. She didn't swallow straight away, and started the backwards movement that usually means the carefully fed meal is coming out, paused, closed her mouth and then swallowed! As she's so tiny I'll feed her the same small amount in 4 days.

Awww she looks so happy! Cant thank you enough for coming to collect her and getting her feeding. I know its early days so not getting my hopes up that she will ever feed on her own but I have faith in her now that you have her. Was lovely to meet you and your partner, hope he enjoys his fishing! Thank you so much again, cant wait to see if her poop is looking any better haha! :) You're a diamond x

J9 is pretty awesome!

From what I have heard, green poo can be an indicator of kidney failure. I hope that J9 is able to rehab this little one!

What a great thing happening here :) I'm rooting for you Rosie.

Aww that's very sweet of you. Can't wait to hopefully have her home home and healthy. Wouldn't it know what to do if I never signed up to this site and Janine hadn't of found me. Mummy lives you Rosie, see u soon sausage :) x

We had a friend that asked us to help with some nonfeeders, my son (13) seems to have a knack for getting them to eat. He was able to get all of the nonfeeders to eat except 1, of course that's the one he decided to keep. He hand fed his little guy for months and finally he ate a live pinky on his own, he has recently started to eat frozen thawed pinkies. Funny thing is he will only eat inside a brown paper bag, we've tried everything you can imagine and the brown paper bag is his thing. We will put him and the pinky in a deli cup and leave them together for hours and he won't touch it, but as soon as we put him in a bag and drop the pinky in, he gobbles it right up! Good luck with your little Rosie!!

We had a friend that asked us to help with some nonfeeders, my son (13) seems to have a knack for getting them to eat. He was able to get all of the nonfeeders to eat except 1, of course that's the one he decided to keep. He hand fed his little guy for months and finally he ate a live pinky on his own, he has recently started to eat frozen thawed pinkies. Funny thing is he will only eat inside a brown paper bag, we've tried everything you can imagine and the brown paper bag is his thing. We will put him and the pinky in a deli cup and leave them together for hours and he won't touch it, but as soon as we put him in a bag and drop the pinky in, he gobbles it right up! Good luck with your little Rosie!!

Aww that's a lovely story!! How sweet, ur son is obviously very patient and he must be very proud. Thank you for the luck, hope ur little snake goes up to be big and strong!!

Kinda crazy how that brown paper bag trick works. Must be something about the smell or color or something, who knows.

Hello- :) I hope everything works out for you and Rosie. I'm the friend of Snakeboy99. Her son is very patient and helped me a lot getting a few of my stubborn babies last year to eat. And he also kept one that didn't eat for the longest time but he is now. Just wishing you the best!

Rosie is curled up, digesting her meal. A great relief, even though I was so cautious to make it small enough I still wasn't sure she wouldn't regurge, but so far so good!

Hello- :) I hope everything works out for you and Rosie. I'm the friend of Snakeboy99. Her son is very patient and helped me a lot getting a few of my stubborn babies last year to eat. And he also kept one that didn't eat for the longest time but he is now. Just wishing you the best!

Thank you very much for your kind wishes :) x

Back