View Single Post
Old 02-03-2007, 02:04 PM   #5
TripleMoonsExotic
While I don't believe my posts were antagonistic, I do apologize for continuing the thread with my posts. I do not believe the thread was handled well by some members, but I will not point fingers as it is not my place. I actually did skip most of the posts on the thread, because I had no interest in getting involved in the whole chat speak argument.

At that, I am 100% willing to offer myself as a "candidate" for a moderator position. I believe I have handled Fauna's Cornsnake forum moderation well and would like to help you here as well.

Quote:
Will be here frequently enough to be effective and cover as many of the posts as possible. More than one may be needed, of course.
I am available at all hours of the day and am online frequently. I practically live on my computer when I am not taking care of the animals or working (pathetic, I know).

Quote:
Able to be impartial and fair. WHO makes a post is irrelevant. The CONTENT is what matters.
Agreed. I believe I have shown that I can be impartial on Fauna despite my personal feelings about certain members.

Quote:
Able to take the abuse that such a position will entail. There can be some risk to your own business and sanity, of course. YOU will be the bad guy to everyone you have to reprimand.
Been there, done that with Fauna (and survived! ).

Quote:
Can be fairly autonomous. I don't need someone contacting me about every little issue. I will set up a special forum for mods and myself to discuss especially thorny issues, but for the most part I want someone who can do what needs to be done without my having to sit in the back seat giving directions all of the time.
Can do! As long as we have the opportunity to discuss serious issues with your privately and/or with fellow mods, I believe this system could work very well here.

Quote:
Must be someone(s) who are already respected here in this community and the majority of the members here will support their nomination to this position.
No comment.

I would also like to nominate Dean & DAND... If they'll accept...