View Single Post
Old 04-13-2005, 02:30 PM   #35
Taceas
Wow..gone for 5 days and miss the whole war. Oh well, no sizeable loss as I see it.

When I first read Rich's request...I thought it simple and straightforward enough. He didn't want the type of posts trying to draw attention elsewhere. Like a certain UK'ers Cornsnake forum that looks like an exact copy of this one (coughs loudly).

And I though maybe Moosed (whatever his name was) was reading it wrong...but he dug himself a hole before he realized what it was actually saying. But at least he took himself out of the population before it got too ugly, yay for Darwin awards!

I think Serp is absolutely right. I see nothing wrong with websites in signatures or even referencing a seperate webpage while in an intellectual conversation if it adds to the facts and data of the post. My own piddly webpage is just a collection of pictures, and most people's here are just the same (just not as piddly). But like Rich, it does annoy me when people just make posts to say "Hey check out my new webpage" and that's all they post.

If people want website checks to make sure everything works, then go to chat and ask the people there to verify it for you. Instant results, rather than waiting for replies, clogging up the board, and getting Rich angry.

Oh well...its Rich's chicken-house, he can rule the roost as he sees fit. Maybe Moosed should go take a look at Kingsucks.com and see how the freedom of speech is applied.