• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

"Siamese" Rats

rosecat

here's some pics of my rats in my colonies ... i use the term "siamese" pattern for a couple of them cause i can't think of what else to call them ... they have points ...

Attachments

• babies1.jpg
    babies1.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 135
  • babies2.jpg
    babies2.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 135
  • mombabies1.jpg
    mombabies1.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 136
  • malerat1.jpg
    malerat1.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 135
  • siamese2.jpg
    siamese2.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 133
The ones in the first two pictures are hooded, and the last one is a Himalayan. And of course, they are very cute.

himalayan ... okay now i have the proper term. the hooded one's i didn't know they official name, but i've seen 'em (and owned) before. Do himalayan's come in other colors or just the brown points? :shrugs:

rosecat said:
himalayan ... okay now i have the proper term. the hooded one's i didn't know they official name, but i've seen 'em (and owned) before. Do himalayan's come in other colors or just the brown points? :shrugs:

I'm pretty sure just brown

Himalayans can come in any point colour, but seal is the most common as true Himmies are so pale the other colours aren't really distinct.

I have some information on rat varieties on my website - http://hawthorn.org.uk/varieties.asp - if that's of any interest to you.

Nice ratties, but as mentioned, that's not a siamese it's a himi. :) They come with a variety of points... I have siams and siam hoodies, will take pics for you! :)

This was my sable-pointed siamese girl...

Twogirls12-1.jpg

Jacqui12-4.jpg

Jacqui12-3.jpg

I actually got her from a Petshop, I was there collecting mice and just thought to ask if they had any rats, I saw her and just had to have her!!! She had a piece of her ear missing but otherwise seemed in good health.

I assume she was either someone's pet that they got sick of (she was VERY tame, clearly used to being handled) or she was a feeder - breeder passed her prime, which is also possible. She lived out the rest of her days with me as a spoiled pet and died of old age not long ago.

hehe of course i noticed after i asked that you're in South Africa, so location of where you got her isn't super helpful to me.

Stephen offered to give me a few of his dumbo siamese, so hopefully when i drive down to so cali next may i'll take him up on the offer.

Unless anyone else knows where to get them around OR?

Back