View Single Post
Old 06-13-2019, 05:00 PM   #1
scmartin27
Possible Golden Breedings

I wasn't exactly sure if I should be posting this here, or in the "Breeding" section of the forums... This is partially to do with keeping track of who I've bred to whom (snake-wise, obviously), but also partially to let everyone know where things are with the Golden project.

As things stand now, I have:
2 male het Goldens, one is sterile.
4 male possible het goldens who are also (unfortunately) het caramel, possibly het lava motley. 2 of these boys have been proven het motley this season
7 (i think?) female possible het goldens who are siblings of the above possible het males - so they're also het caramel, ph lava motley (again, 2 females were proven het motley this season).

2 clutches are hatched/hatching at the moment.
Clutch between Divinity x Fritter appears to not have hit the mark.
Clutch between Empanada x Gelato might have... but with just a few noses poking out, it's hard to say just yet (though it's easy enough to see that some are motley).
I have a few other pairs together (Churro x Ambrosia appear to have bred, but can't say for sure). Pretty much I currently have a male in with each female right now, except one girl who hasn't made it to weight yet (she's been a picky feeder).
Marshall, the het male, Bred to Baklava earlier this season, but only one possibly good egg came from that and it doesn't appear that it will make it.
I will keep everyone updated as the Golden project continues, and post photos at a later time.
To my knowledge Don S. has a het golden female, but she may be too old to breed. And Joe Pierce's adult male golden passed away - leaving him with a visual female and a het female (no babies from his 2018 breedings made it, at least that's what he indicated in his last email).
The race is on...