View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 06:19 AM   #27
Susan
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaberry View Post
Thanks so much Susan, for taking the time and effort to make this tutorial! I really appreciate you sending this my way. It took me about 2 hrs to get it, but at least I believe I understand it now. I really hope I do. -.-;;; The only thing I didn't understand was the last topic. When you started talking about the motley, stipe, ultra, and amel, I was completely lost. But, I'm sure I'll somehow get it over time. At least for now, I think I feel secure with working on the other genes.
The relationship between motley and stripe. as well as ultra and amel was left out in this tutorial because it can be confusing to someone just trying to grasp simple Mendelian genetics. I may eventually get around to going into those here, as well as going into tessera (once it's genetic "actions" have been full determined). You can, however, search for some threads on those genes in the Genetics forum that will probably answer your questions on them just as well, if not better than I could here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaberry View Post
I totally agree with Jayque. I wish that this was stickied in the genetics area. The current FAQ helps with understanding terminology, however it doesn't explain anything about how to actually compose the calcuations/predictions. And, I don't believe that something like this was posted in the FAQ in the breeding section either. *goes to check* Yup, not in there either. Just Murphy's laws on breeding. I really feel that this tutorial would undoubtedly help newcomers to the forum and field (like me) who are looking to understand combining and creating morphs, but can't (for the life of them) properly use the search function.
I suppose I could at least post a link to this thread in those other sections. I haven't copied this and stickied it there to avoid stepping on any toes for all the work that was done in those areas already.

Edited one post to include a little bit on motley/stripe and amel/ultra.