View Single Post
Old 03-29-2006, 09:14 AM   #5
MegF.
I would just offer every week or two until they start to eat. If it goes longer, I wouldn't really worry. They seem to know when the time to eat is, and will suddenly start up again. How large is the large viv you have the other one in? I'm not sure that having a possible two males able to see each other in the same viv is really a good thing. It sometimes can cause stress, especially at breeding time when they tend to combat each other if together. I would attempt to get another heat pad and put the smaller viv seperately where they can't see each other. Even though they are seperate, they can smell and see each other and this might be one of the reasons they aren't eating. For what it's worth, I have a female that I'm breeding right now who's only eaten three times since coming out of brumation and nothing in the last month. Normally females eat huge amounts of food when preparing for laying, but she won't. When I contacted Kathy Love and some others on this forum, they said that once in a while you'll have a female that will go off food like the males.