Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2020, 01:19 PM   #1
hunterllc
Hello

Hi all, my name is Eric and I am from Chicagoland, USA. I bought my 8 year old son a corn snake he named Frank over a year ago and it is his pet and he took great care of it but we underestimated the inner Houdini. I registered on this forum because today was unbelievable. He was holding his snake and let it on the floor and looked away (rookie mistake) for a few seconds - it crawled between a dime size crevice in our kitchen cabinets we didn't even know existed in November of last year and hasn't been seen since. I literally took out the kitchen to try to find it and was unsuccessful and my son was devastated. Today, 6 months later, I was in our cold, unfinished basement and saw the snake - I thought it was dead - was definitely darker color and not moving - I picked him up to dispose of him and he moved, barely. Now we have him back in this enclosure and he is more active but I do not think we are out of the woods. I will post updates - we are trying to get him to eat but no success thus far - we are getting new mice right now. Any advice would certainly be appreciated as we attempt to save him.