• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

'09 Hypo Hogg Boa

bekers71

What addiction?!
In a recent deal, not a good one either, I acquired this little girl for some money owed to me. I have a thing for the smaller type boas and she is pretty. So I guess the deal turned out pretty good in the end after all. :)

Pics 1-3 are pre-shed and her dark phase
Pics 4-5 are after shedding

P1210533.JPG

P1210534.JPG

P1210537.JPG

P1210570.JPG

P1210576.JPG

congrats!
from personal experience as I work with these... HoggXColombians have insane potential

She is very pretty! How big will she get?

Thanks! She will/could get around 6-7 foot.

congrats!
from personal experience as I work with these... HoggXColombians have insane potential

Thanks! I was looking at possibly getting another hypo hogg in the future to make some sunsets. :)

Very pretty, Becky! I'm jealous!

Wow... I almost can't believe its the same snake!

Congrats, Becky!

Thanks you two! :)

Thanks! She will/could get around 6-7 foot.

Thanks! I was looking at possibly getting another hypo hogg in the future to make some sunsets. :)

Beware of the "Sunset" label mate... it comes with an arsenal of uncertainties and misinformation.
To start with, you need two Sunset Crosses... what you have is a Hypo...
Sunsets and Sunset Crosses are made with Salmons- originally from Rich Ihle...
Also, some argue that the snake has to be at least 50% Hogg... which is not really measurable- especially when you go into creating Sunsets.

Now... this is a Sunset cross(though she is possibly a full Sunset):

DSCN1947.jpg

There's a difference here.... Not that your Boa is less pretty or anything! Don't get me wrong, it's just that the oranges tend to come from the Salmon.
True Sunsets/crosses originate from D&M Breeders...
I was lucky enough to meet someone who has a male from them... and as you can see, the difference between hypo hoggs and snakes that originate from D&M look different...

As I respect this site, I won't put a link to my site- I have a section there that explains why we decided to forfeit the name "Sunset" altogether... and I think I did a decent job...
I'll send it to you via personal message- if you feel like it, read it.

Aren't Hogg Islands natural hypos? She is gorgeous!

Not quite, I mean... they are naturally low on Melanin, but it's not rooted in a single gene- It's polygenic.
The Hypo and Salmon traits are co dominant and different from the naturally occurring reduction of Melanin in Hogg Isle Boas.

Very nice Becky! I'm sure my boy would like her in a few years! Lol.. She's got some really nice colors on her chin! :)

Back