View Single Post
Old 06-03-2005, 10:56 PM   #6
Taceas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
I'm not really all that crazy about FedEx's ground service, I have to admit. Some of the deliveries
I think its different no matter where you live. UPS are the rudest delivery personnel around here. I can't tell you how many packages I've had dropped off at a house with the same rural route and box number, same last name as me, but in a different town. Or leaving them out in the sun in the driveway when in red marker on the top it says "Place in garage, no direct sun/heat!".

The Fedex driver for my area knows what I usually get and takes extra care with my packages. His son is into reptiles big as well. So he walks into my garage and places them on the step into our house, well away from direct sun or temp fluctuations. He even did the same for my iPod.

I just don't like the whole size dimensionalization. Why even bother asking for the real weight of the package anymore if all they do is re-calculate it to what they want to think it is? Its like AdagioTeas trying to charge me more USPS postage for shipping to a rural address, $2 more per box. I don't buy "Country Stamps" and "City Stamps". I quickly stopped doing business as did a lot of other folks.