View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 01:09 PM   #92
Dragonling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
One group of projects I really hated to terminate when I decided retire was when I was getting some really interesting results combining the various combinations of hypo and similar "lightening" genetic agents. They appeared to be all cumulative in nature, and the results I was beginning to see were very exciting. But alas, all those projects were lost and the stock dispersed to the winds.

Projects with goals of triple and quadruple homozygous animals was such a pain to even contemplate, however, so I guess most people just don't have the time, resources, and patience for that sort of thing. Well, that, and "hypo" was always such a headache to me for all the curve balls it would throw my way. I'm sure others have found that out by now, too.
I like the mixing of hypo-types, as well as other lighter morphs, for the same reason. 4+ gene mutants is one of my higher priorities with many of my projects, though I think once you get too far in, you just end up producing a bunch of off-white animals that are nearly impossible to identify. I've got a LOT of snakes carrying a mix of Strawberry, Lavender, Lava, Diffused, and Caramel, as well as a Lava Tessera pair with 5 possible hets. I hatched project classics het SK Diffused Topaz ph Hypo Lavender Anery Motley this year. For some multi-gene combos that have already existed for some time, I'm hoping to improve the color with the addition of RF, RC, and other enhancers.

But yeah, "Hypo"...oof. I'm only still using the term Strawberry for my stuff because that's what that line was sold as years ago. I'm not convinced it isn't just Hypo A.