View Single Post
Old 06-23-2018, 09:52 PM   #7
Twolunger
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychedelicSerpent View Post
I actually dont know how old she is as she is a rescue, I believe she is around 2 years old, I have had her for about 5 months. As for the second posters question, when I take her out I usually handle her in my hands if its night time. Sometimes I will take her out in the daytime and bring her outside and let her cruise around the lawn and climb the trees, and she does quite well. Its just when im holding her in my hands that it seems she is constantly trying to get away from me. Sorry, I should have included this info in my original post, still new to the forum game. I do really appreciate your replies! Thanks so much, im going to keep handling Ellie as much as possible and continue to give her lots of love and excersise while keeping your tips in mind.
My son gave me several corns that were subadult and a few older ones. They were all raised in rack containers and never handled, except when moved to a clean container. It's surprising that only one was flighty out of the whole bunch. She was what I call being in the "flee" mode, always seemed to want to get away. I'd hold one hand in front of the other and she would quickly get on that hand. I'd repeat it for at least half an hour before she decided she was getting nowhere, and calmed down. It took a while but now she is as calm and curious as all the others.