Thread: Life....
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2019, 12:47 PM   #8
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
I'll probably pick up another MM in a couple months, depending on what the biting insect situation is like then. Actually I have several older ones here that have stopped working over the years. I guess I should look into either figuring out how to fix them myself, or else send them out to have them repaired. But seems to me that I did try to get one repaired years ago, and it came back in the same condition. So maybe that's why I have been hesitant to even look into that option again.
Well, I did figure out how to fix the mosquito magnets, so I fixed ALL of them I had sitting around here after they had quit working. Come to find out that there is a $4 oil burner nozzle used to spray the propane into the burning chamber that clogs up eventually because of impurities in the propane. Replace that, and it fixes 99.9 percent of the problems with failed mosquito magnets.

You can find the nozzles on Ebay, but they will ream you there, charging $25 for one of them. The actual part number is Delavan 17545A. Do a search on that part number, and you'll get a much better deal. Specs are 1.75GPH, 45 degree hollow cone. If that one is sold out, I'm sure one with just a minor variance in the specs will work just as well.

BTW, this works for the larger mosquito magnet units, like the independence and executive models. I don't know what they use in the smaller units that run off of an AC power cord.