View Single Post
Old 08-06-2019, 11:46 AM   #1
embersfriend
Juvenile ESCAPED: Advice needed, DEVASTATED

My 11-year-old's beloved snake Ember escaped his enclosure Sunday night and he discovered it yesterday late morning. Snake is about 8 months old. My boy is absolutely devastated. We took apart his bed, the dresser the vivarium was on, the closets shelving...have looked everywhere in his room all day. Upstairs in all carpet so the corn starch/flour trick won't work. Last night we put his home on the floor with the under-cage heater and put water out in his room and the adjacent bathroom. I got up at 2am to search with a flashlight, still nothing. My biggest fear is that he found the hole in the baseboard behind the toilet in the adjacent bathroom. Do you think that is likely? I'm afraid to cover it up in case he did go in there. In one of the other threads, someone said they put duct tape on the baseboards. Wouldn't that harm the snake? Please, any advice you can provide would be so appreciated! We are still in the first 48 hours of the escape so I am trying to be hopeful and proactive.