Thread: DIY Help
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2014, 01:20 AM   #9
smigon
Quote:
Originally Posted by NH93 View Post
My goodness... I had no idea it took so much work to clean off a rock :P
Personally I would just wash it really well. But if you can go through the boiling and freezing states as mentioned then definitely do that. Don't listen to me
As long as it's smooth you should be fine. Many a hide are made of stone, after all. I mean, "wild rocks" shouldn't be a problem the same way sticks would, for example. At least, that is my understanding. But I yet to bring things in from the outdoors.

Best of luck!
LOL "wild rocks"! I just know that there are a lot of bacteria and pesticides (we have a pest control service spray monthly) and other "creepy crawlies" outdoors that could be bad for the snake, so I definitely always err on the side of caution.

I recently got some rocks, shells, pieces of driftwood and other decorations from someone, I really scrubbed them well outside with a hose, but after I boiled them I was amazed at the debris left behind in the pot.

I also boil plastic aquarium plants, I am by no means a germaphobe but better safe than sorry since they are made of plastic and have been shipped from the other side of the world.

I have heard of freezing, but like I said, between the icecream and frozen rodents, I have no room left in there!

And yes, ArchCarlos, the freezer attached to your fridge in the kitchen is fine.