Thread: Amazing people
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2016, 03:13 AM   #10
DollysMom
I'm glad you are here. I'm glad you posted. It gives us all a chance to give you a virtual hug and empathize with your losses.

This is one of the nicest and most helpful forums I've ever found. Part of it is the leadership and part of it is a membership that thrives on support and kindness. Part of it is that people who raise up and love little corny noodles are special.

My Dolly escaped last fall and though I now have other snakes I love dearly, I still miss him and would be overjoyed to see him again. I too feel very responsible for not knowing that I needed to secure my lid better. My heart is with you. Though I have others, none is a replacement for a loss. The loss is always there, though time softens the sharp edges. I'm so sorry for your losses.

I definitely identify with loving them as much as cats or dogs. They are so sweet and each has their own distinct personality. They bring so much joy to my life and when I lost Dolly my life felt so empty. Among other things the routine of caring for them feeding-digesting-shedding-cleaning, etc. overlays my live wth gentle rhythm that when gone, is a profound emptiness.

I know, I'm rambling, but I hope you get the idea. Welcome back to the snake world.