View Single Post
Old 03-03-2018, 08:40 PM   #13
Seaweedthesnake
Quote:
Originally Posted by jautumn75 View Post
Usually when I see they're in blue I cover 2/3rds of the screen lid with a moist towel to boost that humidity up to 60-70% and mine have always shed perfectly that way. (I've never had a snake go into a moist hide on their own) If you ever notice stuck shed, even just the tail let them swim in a warm bath for 45-60 mins and then let them wiggle through a damp towel and it should come right off. I had to do that for a friend of mine who got a ball python at the pet shop and he had shed stuck on his whole head. It was striking at everyone and I told her it's because he couldn't see. After I helped him he was as sweet as can be.
Okay neat I’ll give the towel trick a try! I’m nervous about the humidity getting too high because of respitory infections. It’s been prettt dry here in Oregon this winter but it’s bormally plenty humid. But up to 70% should be okay during shed time? I’m sure my method wasn’t the best but she only needed abut 10 minutes max to soak her tail and the shed came off! She really hated it so for her I’d probably want to avoid even 45 minutes if I can! Oh wow poor guy!!!! That’s really awesome of you to get it off for him! That sucks for everyone involved but I’m glad he was good after!