• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Samus

I got here on Sept 25, and she was about a foot long then. I haven't been measuring her lately, but she's a little over 20 inches long now.

An f1.8 lens can give you an amazingly shallow DOF. This one is at 2.8. At 1.8 its hard to get much of anything in focus close up.

Yeah with the cold weather she only comes out very late at night, like 1am and later. Once it warms up she should be out and about by 8pm again. So I can get some more pictures other than when she eats.

I don't know but I don't think I could ever get tired of looking at photos of Samus, she's just so pretty!

Here's a pic to compare that last one to. This was very shortly after I got her.

Attachments

• DSC02925.jpg
    DSC02925.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 118
2 more pics. Tonight is feeding night and I got a new photography toy to try out :p

The weather has been nice and she has been coming out quite often. I mostly left her alone but I did snap a few pics. She's pretty camera shy :)

This would have been a really nice pic if I wasn't always shooting with the aperture wide open all the time. Just because the lens can do it doesn't mean you need to do it all the time, lol.

The new toy is a 580EX II Speedlite. It is pretty sweet. Lets me bounce the flash off the ceiling so I don't get that obvious flash look.

Click the pic and check out the big version :)

Back