View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 08:52 AM   #3
Nanci
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSLMichael View Post
Soooo I have tried ALOT of the stuff you mentioned.

I have tried Dirty mouse bedding, slit/brained, joy, dawn, washed, hot dog, rat, chicken fat, Dog food, Cat food, tuna, Coffee, Deli cup, overnight, remove water, feed after car ride...

Waited 3 days 5 days 7 days 10 days in between some. None of those worked and he was looking thin so I force fed a pinky head... When do I try again and what do I start with?

I do have access to gerbil bedding, Unfortunately live around here is soooo hard to find been looking for a long time. And my mice eat their babies before I even know they are born (They will be snake food shortly)

I am not really all that panicked more... disappointed. hope the little one makes it though.

edit: Also tried cutting the pinky up into 3rds an boiled... Each time I left 2 pinkes over night prepared different ways >.<

And when should I let go?
I think you should look at my two threads, Diary of a Non-Feeder, and OMG Three Babies Ate. Try Ivory washed, with Ivory scent still on the pink. Try live. Try chicken fat scented. Have you tried slap feeding like the video in Susan's forum? And if you want, I can have Rich pick the baby up from you on his way down here in two weeks and I'll try my best with it.

It's difficult to answer when to give up, if you are assist feeding. You can keep a baby going on tails/tease feeding pinks for months. It depends on how valuable that baby is to you and if you have the patience for it. I know they can drive you absolutely insane. With big breeders, I don't think non-feeders get a lot of chances. Maybe three or so.