• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Air freshener

CarlosI210

So it appears that some way or another air freshener liquid ended up covering the inside of my snakes tank (apparently one of my roommates had put an air freshener right above my snakes tank without me noticing) well when I got home, I noticed the tank was very dusty looking, when I opened it up the entirety of it was covered In a thin layer of slime, including my snake. I would come to find out that this was air freshener liquid both from the smell and eventually by being told as much. I cleaned out the tank with scalding hot water, made sure there was no residue left, added fresh bedding and I’m boiling all of her hides and decorations and put temporary hides inside the tank. My snake seems fine, she was active as she usually is but like I said before, she was also covered in it, I washed her off and soaked her twice then lightly toweled her off. However I’m still worried that this stuff is somehow poisonous to them and she could be in danger. Last night I did notice she was moving around her tank unusually, but it was dark so I couldn’t see the duskiness of the tank and eventually I saw her poop so I assumed that was the purpose. Now I know she was trying to escape and the tank could have been covered for as many as two days, is there anything else I can/should do and does anyone know if this liquid is exceptionally harmful?

I would think the label should list ingredients and state toxicities.

I would think asking a vet questions such as this would be more beneficial than asking internet forum readers, most of which know less than you do.

I would pour a bottle of the liquid in question over my room mates head while he/she slept to see how he/she felt about it, and then explain the consequences of being irresponsible and careless.

I would think the label should list ingredients and state toxicities.

I would think asking a vet questions such as this would be more beneficial than asking internet forum readers, most of which know less than you do.

I would pour a bottle of the liquid in question over my room mates head while he/she slept to see how he/she felt about it, and then explain the consequences of being irresponsible and careless.

Thanks, and believe me, she didn’t get off easy, and if something ends up happening to my snake I’ll be even more livid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back