• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Meet "Rufus"

Dinner with Rufus

Rufus dined on Mouse tonight, 19 grams worth.

He is so uncouth. I told him, "Don't talk with your mouth full!"

Then after he eats, he decides to go for a swim, and has the nerve to ask me why must he drink from the same water he bathes in?

I told him I'd look into it.

Attachments

• IMG_0743.JPG
    IMG_0743.JPG
    231.7 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0744.JPG
    IMG_0744.JPG
    384.5 KB · Views: 99
It's almost spring time..... Everyone I know that owns a snake is experiencing this

It's almost spring time..... Everyone I know that owns a snake is experiencing this right now:

Rufus started and completed another shed just moments ago. This time I was there with the camera.

The whole process was quick and uneventful.

Picture 1 shows the skin around the Head being broken free

Picture 2 shows Rufus crawling out of his skin

Picture 3 shows the almost empty loose skin

and Picture 4 shows the completed shed, all in 1 piece.

He went directly back into his cave and so I didn't want to disturb him any further right now, but I will try to grab new photos of his New Colors tomorrow.

Attachments

• ruf-shed1.JPG
    ruf-shed1.JPG
    331.4 KB · Views: 81
  • ruf-shed2.JPG
    ruf-shed2.JPG
    314.4 KB · Views: 82
  • ruf-shed3.JPG
    ruf-shed3.JPG
    379.7 KB · Views: 80
  • ruf-shed4.JPG
    ruf-shed4.JPG
    290.7 KB · Views: 79
Those are amazing shedding pics! Congrats on both seeing it and capturing the moment. I will second the personality. Rufus is great. It is amazing how you feel like you get to know the various snakes here through the pictures and posts. What a neat snake he is.

Thanks everyone, Rufus sends thanks too. He slithered right back into his favorite cave right after shedding and I didn't want to bother him at the moment. But I plan to have him out tomorrow for a feeding and I'll grab some pics of his "New Suit."

Shiny new Clothes

Ok, I just took some new pictures of Rufus post yesterday's shed.

The yellow running down his sides seems to be a bit more pronounced. And his new Look is smooth and shiny.

Attachments

• IMG_0768.JPG
    IMG_0768.JPG
    212.6 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_0769.JPG
    IMG_0769.JPG
    191.1 KB · Views: 94
Back