View Single Post
Old 04-17-2017, 12:25 AM   #1
Rich Z
Exclamation Site will be shutting down Tuesday 2:00am EST

Well, did that get your attention? :hehe:

Well yes, this site WILL be shut down then, but not permanently. It's time for one of my all time favorite things to do -> SERVER MOVE!!

Yes boys and girls, it's about time to be moving to a brand new server. Bigger, faster, and lord have mercy, even less expensive. And this new server will be plugging a security hole that I will tell you all about afterwards.

So at or about 2:00 am EST on Tuesday, I will be shutting down the site so the server techs can start migrating the files to the new server. I'm not sure how long this will take, as this site is pretty big, and it's not the only site on my server being moved. Figure on at least a day. And hope snags don't show up after the move, which honestly seems to happen more often than not. But let's just hope for the best.

For the duration, nothing on this site will be accessible to anyone. So the only thing I can suggest is that you keep on trying to get back on here, and when the site is back up and running finally, then you will be successfully able to do so. Sorry, best I can offer. Too many variables involved to even try to make a realistic estimate within a few hours.

So, try not to be creating a post or new thread around that time, please. There is a good chance you might not post it before the site gets closed, and all your typing will be for nothing.

Now, I hope I don't FORGET about this. The brain cells just aren't what they used to be lately.....