• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

First time owner!!

Ianjex85

Hi all, today I have took my first step in becoming a proud corn owner, I've just collected and set up my viv (no snake yet as I'm making sure to get everything dialled in first), I'll add a photo, any suggestions will be happily received!!

Attachments

• rsz_20170812_123256.jpg
    rsz_20170812_123256.jpg
    362.4 KB · Views: 89
It looks nice from what I can see. When you can some artificial greenery always looks nice a doubles as extra hiding places. I mostly use ExoTerra vines, but also greenery from other sources. If I cut it apart, I put hot glue over any sharp ends.

Dave is all settled in and exploring!!
0638b4ebe42908dbabbcca2083976fee.jpg
5aaeb62453eb83b891efe0f7974157da.jpg
3821a61807ef18d9b9c9f32e0212b62a.jpg
fe810dc670ee8275fd73d4fbcd99bfe2.jpg
a4d019217788616d03be73183edd781a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Congrats on your new little one! Very pretty.
Make sure after a shed you check it carefully. If it seems to be in one piece check from the nose to the tail. If there seems to be something missing it could still be on Dave. The tail is a common shed problem.

I see a bulb in the cage, is that the heat source or is it for light? If it's for heat - you can get by with it, but it's not the best setup, and there's some fire hazard..
Dave might benefit from an undertank heater if you don't have one yet.

The cage setup looks great, I second climbing sticks, and if you wrap it in some vines, your little guy will hide out in them!

NancyG

I see no problem with the caged bulb as long as the protective cage is secure. We all know that the set ups common in the UK are different that the "glass box" set ups we have here in the US that easily accommodate under tank heating. Often the wooden vivs don't easily or safely accommodate an under tank heater.

I would love someone who is an experienced keeper in the UK or continental Europe to explain more about their set-ups. It won't stop us 'mericans from speaking out of turn, but perhaps it could help.

Back