View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 10:41 AM   #4
Dragonling
Quote:
Originally Posted by SODERBERGD View Post
Had you not specified from whom you acquired Tango, I'd say it looks like a homozygote RF mutant (aka: Cayenne Fire). More often than not, Visual hets and homogygotes are easily distinguished via their color at a young age, but there are exceptions. That said, if progeny of Tango are not satisfying visual standard distinction between Vis Het and Homo, Tango COULD be a Visual Het. If the latter, Tango is an amazingly red corn. Historically, the red in these mutants continue to saturate for at least six years.
From photos of your visual het RF corns, I have always assumed he was homozygous, but then I am stunned at my above female RF Amel who by all accounts SHOULD be a visual het. Though her dam was colorful (pictured below), I do not necessarily think she is anywhere near pink enough to be RF. I would have to pull the others into natural lighting (my lamp in the snake room is a very unfortunate shade of yellow) to compare them accurately at the moment, but I will try to get more actual studio photos in the coming weeks. You of all people must be familiar with how time consuming that can be lol. The weather has gotten cold enough, most of them are not going anywhere until probably March at the earliest anyway.