View Single Post
Old 04-09-2006, 12:46 PM   #6
Lennycorn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albino Billy
Thanks, I sure think he is pretty. Once I get this heating thing down pat, I will rest easier. I am so terrified that he is going to get too warm or get a belly burn from his uth. I am getting great advice but it is all mixed. Most people are telling me to use newspaper between the uth and the aspen and then I am hearing I need to NOT use newspaper and use a towel and get a probe and not trust the digital stick on thermometer. Ugh! I am so confused. I guess it would help if I didn't have OCD. LOL! But his home has to be perfect and I am making myself crazy trying to make sure he isn't harmed by that uth.
Yeah, You will get different opinions. On the top of some of the forum there is a FAQ you should read. Basic care and such> My Computer is down and I'm using a laptop, so I can't give you some link yet. Don't sweat it too much , corn are pretty "sturdy", just work out what you can and fine tune as you go. Do try to get the temp of the uth down so the snake won't get burnt is then main concern, how is up to you . Using paper towel to newspaper until you get a probe. And yes the stick on thermometer are junk,they just give you the air temp not the substrate temp where the snake is.You be fine.
Hides...you can be used food boxes, depending on the snake size, to save money, flower pot too. If funny what you could use. Just read up on some old post too , scroll down to the archive to the very bottom right and click.
Hope this help.

Good Luck