• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Fun and games, until the bear shows up....

Rich Z

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like we had a bit of local wildlife activity in the driveway last night with some raccoons playing around, then a bear walking in on the scene. The bear chased one of the raccoons up into a tree, so I guess they don't play well together. But after he was gone, the raccoons were back to looking for acorns in the driveway. At least that is what I am guessing they were doing there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAU9ZAGaS08

I can't say Sue would be very happy to have a bear in the yard. They used to come and drink out of my pond in Michigan and it totally freaked her out. I had a small flying loft for 20 pigeons in the back yard and a bear clawed the door right off and it flew 10 feet away.
Luckily the pigeons all flew out and returned to their perches after the bear left. I left the claw marks on the loft to show visitors. LOL. BTW those flying worms at the beginning of the video were awesome.

My son ( in Florida) has a beaut house at the side of a lake it came with all manner of bird life , lizards , snakes , turtles and alligators plus the occasional armadillo.... recently they're seeing bears !!!

Can't wait to go visit next April :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

FWCC shows them as being occasionally spotted in that area, according to their range map. -> http://myfwc.com/wildlifehabitats/managed/bear/living/distribution-map/

But I would guess they can be found everywhere except in the most heavily human populated areas of the state.

I'm surprised that the bear I caught on camera didn't get into the bird feeders this time. And I am certainly glad it didn't get into the citrus we have ripening right now.

Back