• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Bad/Incomplete Shed: What To Do

I'm no expert but maybe a thinner cloth, which is COMPLETELY covered in water.

I'm sure nanci could give you better advice.

Cheers,
Connor

hi all, got my first ever snake lastweek. its a baby carolina corn snake. 3months old. it hides under its waterbowl 24/7 just lately!!! and i opend his viv earlia to give him a change of water, and seen his eyes were like a reali milky blue colour, does this mean he is shedding? this was about 6hours ago i noticed this. he is stil under his water bowl. what should i do just leave him? his waterbowl aint really big enough for him to move about under, thanks please write back someone

If his eyes are blue, he's not ready to shed yet. Just leave him alone. Soon, his eyes will be clear, but you may not be able to find a shed. If so, he will shed in the next 24 hours or so.

I wish all good advice came with such nice pictures! That was very helpful. Lila is just lovely. :)

What a beautiful model to work with!! Love that color!

STICKY THIS
^^^says it all

I Second that!

If you have a large area of unshed skin to contend with this approach seems to be much less stressful than rubbing through a cloth (and much simpler!!) The snake does all the work! :)

This is very helpful advice, Thanks Nanci!!

hi all, hmm this morning my corn stil had milky eyes, but now there as gd as black again? :S he is dueto be fed. would it be ok and safe to feed him? i aint sure if he is sheddin or not? :S

hi all, hmm this morning my corn stil had milky eyes, but now there as gd as black again? :S he is dueto be fed. would it be ok and safe to feed him? i aint sure if he is sheddin or not? :S

Some eat "in blue" and some don't, but it's safest to wait, especially since this one is new to you. You can expect a shed anywhere from 7-10 days after the cloudy eyes, with occasional normal variances.

Just by the way, your posts are more likely to be taken seriously if you drop the "text talk." And welcome to the hobby!

And Nanci - what a beauty your Lila is!

Just quick question.???

wot temp should the water be and can i use a fish thermometer ( the glass 1?)?

just wandering because my amel still has skin on tip of tail :D

plz help

thanx

KEV

What morph is lila I love her. I am guessing lavender something, but she's more than a lavender...any blood in there?

thanks Measley, does it matter that i live in the U.K ? i don't think it's as warm here as it it in the U.S.A.?

thanks again

KEV

Well, Room temperature in the US is around 70 degrees F so I would assume in Celcius that's about 20 or 23...

Nanci,
This explanation is awesome. You have a real gift.
Your photos are always gorgeous.
Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Thanks a lot, this will be very useful to a lot of people. I do have a question though. Would this work effectively on a snake who just has a bit of shed left on the tail? Or would you need a fair section of leftover skin on the snake to get leverage for the shed to come off. Thanks for the instructions!

Maloof............. it does work on tip of tail..... i have just done it with my Amel, I put her in feed box with water (70*) left her twenty minutes and voila there it was on the towel ( she also left me something else..........a poop lol)

NANCI.......thank you for such a great post and explanation with pics too , I would have known how to remove it otherwise

thanx again

Kev

Back