• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Transition to fuzzies.

erisan

Corn's name: Stimpy.
My snake is about 11 months old and I want to switch him to fuzzies. I'm wondering if I can just feed him 2 pinkies next feeding (saturday) and then transition him to fuzzies right after that. Is it safe to transition him that fast? I've been giving him 1 pinky every 7 days. What does everyone think? Can I transition him that fast ( going from eating 1 pinky a week- 2 pinkies one time- 1 fuzzy a week from then on until next transition) or will he regurge? I know he can get a fuzzy down because of the 1.5 x girth rule so I think he's ready. Here's a pic for reference:

Attachments

• 2006_0512StimpyMorph0001.JPG
    2006_0512StimpyMorph0001.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 55
I usually double up on a food item for three feeding just to let the snake get use to a larger meal. Your on the right track you go with that.

Good Luck :cheers:

Erisan, I'm kinda in the same situation as you. My corn is able to handle fuzzies but pretty soon I will be moving up. I think I might get 2 smaller fuzzies for maybe 2-3 feedings and then transition over to the next size up. If you do this soon, let me know how your snake handled it. Thanks

I just switched my amel to fuzzies. I didn't double up pinkies before switching him. I compared the size pinkies he was eating with the size of the smallest fuzzy, and there wasnt' that much difference. Two of the pinkies would have been way bigger than the fuzzy, so I didn't double him up.

Just so you know, be prepared for a possible growth spurt when you switch to fuzzies. My snow grew 5 inches in 2 months when I moved her up.

CMatt2157 said:
Erisan, I'm kinda in the same situation as you. My corn is able to handle fuzzies but pretty soon I will be moving up. I think I might get 2 smaller fuzzies for maybe 2-3 feedings and then transition over to the next size up. If you do this soon, let me know how your snake handled it. Thanks

Sure thing.

BeckyG said:
I just switched my amel to fuzzies. I didn't double up pinkies before switching him. I compared the size pinkies he was eating with the size of the smallest fuzzy, and there wasnt' that much difference. Two of the pinkies would have been way bigger than the fuzzy, so I didn't double him up.

Just so you know, be prepared for a possible growth spurt when you switch to fuzzies. My snow grew 5 inches in 2 months when I moved her up.

Thanks, I think I'll try 2 pinkies once and if there's no problems then I'll move him to fuzzies.

Becky, I did this too with Nagini. He took his first fuzzie last week. The pinkies at the pet store very a lot in size. There isn't that much difference between a big pinkie and a small fuzzie. I never doubled up with him. Same with Candice when she moved to hoppers from fuzzies. I would have double up if the store didn't have the appropriate sizes.

I would also suggest the double pinky method. That's how I did it with my little guy, and he's taking the fuzzy's like a champ. The only thing I did different was I fed him for about a month on 2 pinkies every 4-5 days, until they stopped making a buldge in him, so I knew he had grown enough to safely take a fuzzy.

Back