View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 11:25 AM   #91
Twolunger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Pinello View Post
Never thought about it but I guess I do like the lighter morphs. However early on many years ago I was really into Miami phase corns. Back in the 80s and 90s I would herped for and preferred the grey / brown back ground colors against the red/orange blotches down here in south Florida. Then in the 2000s started purchasing some at shows and bred them into my "wild" stock and had a collection of really nice Miami phase and candy canes. Started adding hypo and ultra to them about the time I sold them off. Your right, I guess I was starting to lighten them up.

Most of my corns I have now are young, only 4 I consider breeding size this year.
What's in your collection?
When my son sold his pet shop and moved to Atlanta he couldn't sell corns there, so offered me any of his breeders. I told him to sell his breeders and make some money, but I would take young holdbacks, so that's what we did. I don't remember exactly how many I took, but I'd guess there were 8 tesseras, and 8 others. Only 2 of the corns weren't dark colors, so I only kept a few of the originals and gradually replaced them with colors I like.

Adults

1.0 Normal stripe het amel & anery
1.0 Normal het sunkissed lavender amel
1.0 Upper Keys caramel bloodred het amel
1.0 Hypo lavender het caramel bloodred
0.1 Amaretto het bloodred
0.1 Amel motley het lavender stripe
0.1 Stripe ultramel het lavender
0.1 Ultramel charcoal het bloodred anery
0.1 Ghost tessera het for 4 or 5 recessive genes
0.1 Anery het for hypo motley charcoal maybe more
0.1 Anery sister to other anery

2016 new additions
2.0 Strawberry het amel anery bloodred
1.4 Lavender
1.2 Coral ghost
1.2 Sunkissed

Also have a young pair of apricot pueblans that I couldn't resist.