• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Candycane stuff :)

MysticExotics

(formerly NWHeather)
I received a gorgeous pair of Candycane (het Cinder)babies from Nanci, of Snickersnakes this week!!
They are out of Big Moose-(Candycane Tessera het Cinder) X Petunia- (Peppermint). (Link to Nanci's thread).

They both arrived in shed, and I have been anxiously waiting for them to shed.
The male shed last night, and he is stunning!

Here is Snickersnakes' Aeetes of Mystic Exotics.
He is one of the best Candycanes I have ever seen!

(His sister, Circe (Candycane Tessera), has yet to shed. I'll post pics of her when she does.)

Attachments

• DSC_0281 (2).JPG
    DSC_0281 (2).JPG
    131.3 KB · Views: 369
  • DSC_0289 (2).JPG
    DSC_0289 (2).JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 368
  • DSC_0290 (2).JPG
    DSC_0290 (2).JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 368
  • DSC_0291 (2).JPG
    DSC_0291 (2).JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 370
So cute!! I love how in his white sections, you can see red/orange outlining the scales!

I love his coloring!!
I am super excited to see how he turns out!
I think he is going to be stunning as an adult!

I think Circe will probably wait until after I got to work to shed.

I hope she turns out a lot like Big Moose! :)

Now those are some nice candy canes. We can just reference people to this thread if they want to know if their amel is a candy cane. ;)

Don't curse them by calling them candy canes!!! Just check out my snake named Candy Cane for the reason I'll never call a snake that ever again! Well, at least till they are adults. Never mind that I wrote that on his feeding bin...

I ended up deciding Candy Cane's morph was actually Amel Milksnake Phase. But geez- he was the last baby to hatch in my second clutch ever- my first surprise het! I saw that little red nose and shrieked CANDY CANE!!! And it stuck...He thwarted me by going on to develop the most yellow ever! He's not related to these guys at all, BTW...

Attachments

• Candy Cane April 2012-7.jpg
    Candy Cane April 2012-7.jpg
    282.4 KB · Views: 347
Nanci, I see what you're saying about Candy Cane, but Aeetes doesn't have the yellow that was visible on Candy Cane, and I think that is in part due to two things. Becoming more refined in the second generation (from Big Moose) as well as the Cinder gene, not having yellow.

I plan on Pairing him with a Miami that I have, that is het for cinder. I think it will continue to refine the Candycane look.

I truly believe that these babies you produced are going to maintain that Candycane coloring when they are full grown.

I think that the yellow or orange in the head/neck area is usually an indicator that there will be more when they are bigger (not always of course).

I'm curious to know how some of the babies that Walter produced last year in his Miami Tessera X Candycane (like the first Amel on this page on post #72) have turned out. I see the color on the head/neck area, and to me, that one will likely develop more color and be less of a Candycane, like your male, Candy Cane (who still has a Candycane look to the lower half of his body). *Just using Walter's thread as an example.

I see a bit of color on the head /neck of some of the Amel Tessera's as well. Some are pretty white, some have some coloring in there.

I'd love to see how they look now, to see if that color spread.
I imagine that there could be some coloring popping up, since the GrandSire to Walter's clutch was an Okeetee Tessera.

Look at the baby in post #88 on this page compared to Aeetes.

Also, look at the Amel Tessera's in post #90 on the same page, the variable amount of color inside the white on the head/neck areas. I see none of that coloring on Circe, the female I got from you.

If you don't plan on it already, I'd do a repeat pairing of Big Moose and Petunia. (Or something similar, if you have a Miami het Amel you want to add into the project)
I do not recall any Candycane's being better than these.

He is a gorgeous baby! I'll be getting a brother of theirs, can't wait for him to get here!

I got a candycane tessera from Walter last year as part of a group of problem feeders. She ate for me immediately and thrived, so I sold her. I really regret it! Luckily I have her sister, a miami tessera het amel (I believe she is descended from one of your miami tesseras that turned out to be het amel). I plan to breed her with my ultramel candycane ph caramel cinder. Can't wait to see pics of yours after she sheds!

Carol has made some outstanding candy canes, especially the motleys. And Walter has turned out some nice ones, too. Didn't he do ultramel candy cane, or something??

Carol has made some outstanding candy canes, especially the motleys. And Walter has turned out some nice ones, too. Didn't he do ultramel candy cane, or something??

Yes, I have one of his ultramel candycanes and he's a stunner! He is 50% ph cinder so I suspect the cinder influence helps. He's in shed right now, so I don't have a photo.

He is a gorgeous baby! I'll be getting a brother of theirs, can't wait for him to get here!
Ooooh! Which one??
I got a candycane tessera from Walter last year as part of a group of problem feeders. She ate for me immediately and thrived, so I sold her. I really regret it! Luckily I have her sister, a miami tessera het amel (I believe she is descended from one of your miami tesseras that turned out to be het amel). I plan to breed her with my ultramel candycane ph caramel cinder. Can't wait to see pics of yours after she sheds!
Yes, if she is from that clutch, her Dam is one that Tara and I produced in 2011.

I'm anxious to see Circe after she sheds too!!
She's taking her sweet time.

Yes, she has. I haven't seen many from Carol recently, but I know she's busy and doesn't have as much time to post pics. I miss seeing Carol around here.

Carol has the best Miami's hands down, and I am looking forward to adding LBR line Miami to my Miami Tessera's to refine them.

Back