Thread: Whats the deal!
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2009, 07:59 AM   #26
Hypancistrus
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJUN View Post
China elects actors?

Michael, I understand your points. There are a few things you need to realize. First is that with the economy the way it is, people are frustrated. I can say from my own perspective that when the economy was great and I wasn't struggling to pay a mortgage, I never thought much about the people on North Avenue who don't work for a living and get handouts from the government instead. But now I am struggling on a monthly basis to get by, and I see that and it frustrates me... sometimes it's just people venting.

The second thing is that there seems to be two main political groups here, with regards to the American members... there are the Republicans, who are well represented, and there is a HUGE number (more than I have seen anywhere else) of Libertarians, both of whom are going to have issue with a lot of things going on in America right now, politically. I get the sense that you and Ricky are most likely of a Democratic mind set... and there don't seem to be many folks here that are also of that mind set.

I can say that I personally have not noticed a decrease of threads that are NOT political in origin. I still spend as much time on this board as I have in the past, and I don't respond to all of the political threads... I am looking at photos, the week in review, answering questions in the snake-related subforums.

Rich has another site, Fauna Classifieds, that has all it's political stuff in a forum seperate from the rest of the place... however, it's got about 50 subforums of varying types which makes for a busy and sometimes fragmented style of organization. This was supposed to be about corns, and only corns, and general chit chat is where anything that is non-corn should go... that includes not just other snake photos and 18 threads about David's king rat, but lizards photos, other herps and pets, and all the rest of the topics (like politics and religion) that can't go elsewhere. It's not a system that's broken... there's no need to fix it.