View Single Post
Old 05-10-2019, 09:47 AM   #9
Dragonling
Murphy is out to get me, though with a lot of first time boys I guess that's somewhat to be expected. Three clutches appear to be singletons at best. Marshall only showed moderate interest in breeding, and only locked with Baklava once. She gave me one ok-looking egg that has yet to develop decent veining. I'm about ready to wash my hands of the Golden project entirely. The rest of the poss hets and my het males will likely go to Sarah Mohr soon.

Charlie unexpectedly passed, which is a massive blow to the Strawberry Alabaster project. He is sorely missed, being one of my favorite males, and a breeding replacement is likely to be our only purchase this year. Walter Smith's animals will hopefully bring strong blood to the project. Saheeli was bred to Darigaaz, but she does not appear to be gravid.

I keep seeing photos of large perfect clutches and it's a bit depressing, but then I remember that at least Nova gave me 12 good het Palmetto eggs. I suppose I should count my blessings.This is the first clutch to be laid and it is due to hatch in about 3 weeks.

Likewise we also have an excellent clutch of 16 from Zulu again. With how strong she has always been, I am considering keeping at least a couple females from this clutch.

Our house guest Ava gave us 5 eggs and 5 slugs, though most of them appear weak to me. There is one excellent looking egg I hope will pull through. Elspeth appears to be following in her mother's footsteps, giving us only 3 out of 12 and only one with strong veins.

Lyra actually gained more than Ava so I went ahead with the pairing. She appears gravid but I would bet only a few are fertile.