• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Something to eat dubia . . . lots of dubia . . .

Drizzt80

Dakota Corns
Any suggestions?! I have leopard gecko's, aussie dragons, and T's and none of them are really all that excited about Blaptica dubias (roaches). I've (almost literally) got them coming out of my ears right now, and need a for-sure-thing that will munch them up!! :eek:

D80

aussie dragons? Is that the same as bearded dragons? If not, I heard they eat them well. If they are the same, maybe you can post on a bearded dragon website, as I know that lots of beardeds eat them and if yours don't, maybe you can make another dragon owner happy with your excess dubia.

Sorry Brent I have not completely read your thread but...
crickets
baby food...meat as well as fruits
pinkies
the raw diet at the pet store made for cats and dogs is great too

The raw diet we use here has all the meat, meat bone, veggies, fruits and all natural for the most part. Nature's Variety is what we use. A good variety of meats as well too.

Hope that helps you some Brent.

Smiles,
PJ :wavey:

I know my Beardies and my Tegu love them April til October. We had a Florida red belly for a bit and she loved her roaches as well.

PJ

In lieu of using my google-ninja skills, do you happen to have a pic or two?! Seasonings?

D80

silkworm%20stir-fry%202.JPG

Hope that helps you some Brent.
Yeah, thanks PJ, but none of that stuff you listed is going to eat my surplus Blaptica dubias! ;)

I know my Beardies and my Tegu love them April til October. We had a Florida red belly for a bit and she loved her roaches as well.
I've done the Beardies and the Tegu's before, but not sure I want to try them again. Florida red belly as in toad? I love my Aussies and Leopards, but they just aren't crazy for my dubias. That's not a problem as I have other food choices for them. I'm just going nuts with dubia and would like to have something that will eat them, and eat them well!

insert pic here
Looks yummy! I see onions, corn, beans, and peppers. My Blapticas are a lot bigger. D you think that recipe still work or will there be a longer cooking time?!

D80

Box turtle? I bet a boxie would eat roaches like candy!
Hmmm, that may be something to look into. The wife mentioned liking the looks of turtles once upon a time.

D80

PS. No offense to Isabel. I love beardies and how they look. I just didn't enjoy their care for some reason. :shrugs:

Well, the lady at my LPS "fed her corns crickets and roaches until they were big enough to eat pinkies"...you might want to give that a try! :rolleyes:

Or if you're into fish, Arowanas will eat just about anything...

you could always just give some away?? That is what my mom did with her super worms. I think she took 400 to Dale when we went to tinley LOL

Mmm. Some good suggestions so far. Was thinking Savannah Monitor, but maybe an ackie is a potential way to go. Know anyone breeding them that's in the market for cornsnake barter?! ;)

As for giving them (dubias) away, not too many people locally that get in touch regarding herps. :shrugs:

D80

hmmmmmm maybe you can offer to ship some with any snakes you ship to ppl?? Many ppl who own snakes own other reptiles too or maybe know someone who would take some??

I know that I, for one, would take some if I ordered some snakes :)

Back