View Single Post
Old 01-11-2006, 02:30 PM   #69
Virago
Thumbs up

Happy too hear he's doing ok. Should be fine.

Here's my story. So I get my first corn and put him in his 5 story viv. He escaped 2 times. So I build him an inescapable viv out of a melamine side table. The little bugger was pushing on a seam and found out the melamine was hollow. Well I get home from work and find his whole head stuck in the wall of his viv.(this was at the top of the viv so he was hanging) I picked a little piece of melamine away and his head popped out. Where his neck meets his head there was a cut right through the skin(from rubbing on the edge of the melamine) you could see red muscle or somesort of inside in the cut. Also the top of his head was pointing straight and the bottom was on a 90 degree angle. Head looked live a "v". When he got out he started twisting in circles.( trying to snap his mouth back in place). So I put papertowel for a substrate and put polysporin on his cut everyday. He popped his mouth back and today he only has a little scar under his chin.

Sorry this is so long but its not the end.....

I was so mad at myself and didn't find this site yet that I put duct tape on every sharp edge in his viv. Well...
The next day I find him hanging again, with his whole body stuck to the tape. For the second time I think he's dead. Not the case. I put on oven mitts and so gently got him off the tape. This was three years ago.

Needless to say he is fine. He pulled through and he's my favorite, calmest snake I have.
Sorry this was so long.........

Best of luck