• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New snake

T.L.Moose

Have a few questions???
1. A friend gave me his corn snake that is about 4.5 years old, he was keeping it in a 20 gal tank and didn't have a heater and so on but it seemed to be ok. I reasearched every and when i got the snake earlier this week i wanted her to be comfortable. I added heat , bark and so on . Well i have tried feeding her twice and she want eat. it has been a couple of weeks since she has eaten due to shedding and and the mouse my friend put in there last week has attacked her back which somewhat looks swollen any surgestions on why she is not eating and if her back is ok...

Thanks,
Tim

hello

first question
how long have you had your new friend. it takes anywhere from three to seven days for a snake to get comfortable in their new surrondings.my guess as to why she is not eating is she hasnt adjusted to her new surrondings and that she is stressed out. she may also not want mice anymore because one of them attacked her. if her back appears to be swollen it may be infected. i would take her to a vet and have her checked out.also do your self a favor and buy a cornsnake manual by bill and kathy love. it will help yo out alot.

HTH
drizzt
by the way welcome to the forum

all of the above is my own opinion.

Hey thanks,
i will contact the vet tomorrow, should we leave her completly alone or continue to pet her. I know it has been a change for her to go from no heat to heat but she seemd to be ok with being held what do you think?

thanks....

if you have only had her for a couple of days i would leave her alone completly. that means no petting, no checking under her hides for her,and not trying to feed her for a couple days. also i know it may be a little late but you should try to get her to eat frozen /thawed or pre killed food. then you dont have to worry about her being bit by her food.

HTH

drizzt

T.L.Moose said:
Have a few questions???
1. A friend gave me his corn snake that is about 4.5 years old, he was keeping it in a 20 gal tank and didn't have a heater and so on but it seemed to be ok. I reasearched every and when i got the snake earlier this week i wanted her to be comfortable. I added heat , bark and so on . Well i have tried feeding her twice and she want eat. it has been a couple of weeks since she has eaten due to shedding and and the mouse my friend put in there last week has attacked her back which somewhat looks swollen any surgestions on why she is not eating and if her back is ok...

Thanks,
Tim
IM not sure if this is where i reply but i guess we'll give it a try!i think you should try feeding your snake frozen mice(de-thaw them in hot water)because if she didnt act fast enough with the live mouse you will be able to let her take her time with a frozen one.she might not be eating because she still needs to adapt to her new wonderful home.....give her time,everthing sounds like it'll be alright...i dont no about her back,sorry.

sincerly .ciala

Back