View Single Post
Old 01-10-2006, 09:34 PM   #56
MegF.
Sherry, this forum hosts literally hundreds of people a day. Many of them are the same people, but there are a lot who are here off and on over time. You are bound to run across a few rude ones. As a matter of fact, as you get older, you're going to have to deal with rude people all over the place. I don't think I've ever been rude to anyone on this forum, ever. To say that everytime you post, someone is rude to you is most likely an overstatement. If someone is nicely asking that you check your spelling with spell check, that's not rude, it's just constructive criticism. We all have to deal with that as well. Rich has stated his position and as owner and forum moderator I think we all need to respect that whether you agree or not. Rich runs multiple sites that benefit all of us. He also runs a huge business. I'm pretty certain he does not have the time or energy to check out every link or website posted in order to find out what is on it. If you wish to post your website, put the link in your signature or advertise on a banner. Otherwise, don't. Simple as that! I will continue to contribute my time and money to this site because I think it's one of the finest out there and has some of the most educated people in the business. How many sites can you go to (except her own) where you can get posts from people like Kathy Love??? I belong to a lot of reptile forums and I can tell you this is as good as it gets! Stop being so defensive, and enjoy what we have. I think you'll find that you'll have less problems with people, and might even find out that no one is attacking you ( even me)......O.K....I'm stepping down off my soapbox now.