Thread: Crickets?
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 06:13 PM   #8
BooBoo18
We have had the hatchling for about two/three months. He was a month old when we got him and had tried feeding a f/t pinkie, f/t pinkie with head smash/ f/t pinkie head/ dancing pinkie, live pinkie, tease feeding, rubbed the pinkie on a gecko (the gecko was not happy) was even thinking about force feeding when we brought him to the vet. We tried something different every 5 days the only time we got some type of reaction was the pinkie we dipped in tuna juice. He attacked that one but did not eat it. We read through the feeding thread and tried the suggestions made there. I'm pretty sure if it was on the feeding thread we tried it. We also called the breeder for suggestions which did not work either.

We really want him to get onto the f/t pinkies he had eaten f/t for the breeder so he has eaten them just wont eat them for us. The crickets were not tried until he was with us for about 2 to 3 months and refusing to eat pinkies and we took him to the vet. I did ask him about the crickets as I had read they are not good food items and the vet told us to get him eating something and continue to try to get him on the pinkies which is what we are doing now. Our biggest concern at that point was he appeared to have been losing weight.

I would be happy with any other suggestions any one might have to get our little guy eating f/t.