• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Butter X Cinder

rich333

They Are Coming!!!
Butter Began laying earlier today....Got a quick shot of some eggs....She's not quite finished yet....I believe she has 12-13 eggs in her....I'll Post pics of mom & Eggs Tomorrow assuming all goes well....For now...heres a teaser....

Attachments

• Buttereggs.JPG
    Buttereggs.JPG
    236.9 KB · Views: 169
Thanks Tom,Josh!

Okay, before we get to far down the page here...let me catch you guys up on whats going on.....Ok, Tuesday i came home and found an egg on the aspen...when I picked it up..it was hard like a rock, and obviously discolored. She goes into her lay box shortly after that...Ok, im thinking...the eggs are coming!! :) Here is a pic of the egg?

Attachments

• hardboiled.JPG
    hardboiled.JPG
    165.9 KB · Views: 164
Ok, Next morning I check the lay box.... i find a single egg...and while it's not a rock like the first...it isn't very pretty.......This morning I wake up and check on her again...Nothing...No eggs! Ugh!!! Heres a pic of the not so pretty egg...fertile? Don't know...But i got it in the incubator...just in case.

Then of course, i came home from work...and you've already seen that pic.

Attachments

• fertile.JPG
    fertile.JPG
    227.3 KB · Views: 165
Nice Rich, nice!
Now you get to play the next part of the waiting game, at least you are getting closer and closer to the last level!

Nice Rich, nice!
Now you get to play the next part of the waiting game, at least you are getting closer and closer to the last level!

Thanks!! Yeah, if all goes well, we should hatch 100% normal het Cinder caramel amel 50 % hypo

Thanks!! Yeah, if all goes well, we should hatch 100% normal het Cinder caramel amel 50 % hypo

Sounds like you'll be playing the sequel to the game you are playing now, only three more years til the game developers release the game to you to play yet again... seems like waiting is a recurring theme in this hobby

Yep, A Hobby where patience is a must! :) (Mine seems to be at it's weakest after the pre-lay shed! I HAVE to see those eggs!! :) )

As Promised...Heres the rest of the pics!! enjoy! Counted 14 eggs total,including the hard egg and the not so pretty one. the 12 you see here only weighed 66grams. But some look really good...so maybe we'll get a few from this clutch. Butter weighed 340-360 grams prior too laying...Now weighs 236 grams...

Attachments

• butter1.JPG
    butter1.JPG
    290.1 KB · Views: 95
  • butter2.JPG
    butter2.JPG
    225.4 KB · Views: 95
  • butter3.JPG
    butter3.JPG
    207.7 KB · Views: 95
  • butter4.JPG
    butter4.JPG
    206.6 KB · Views: 95
  • butter5.JPG
    butter5.JPG
    260.1 KB · Views: 95
Congrats on the clutch! At least you have a few fertile eggs in there that should get you onto the next step of your project!

I hope you have a few fertile ones in there. If not, I can hook you up next year with a fertile male! I hope...

Again, thanks everyone!

Nanci, that would be awesome!

Ok, now that the excitement of a new clutch of eggs has subsided a little, and I have time to actually look at these eggs... There might be just a few fertile eggs. In all honesty, wasn't really expecting much...it's Her first year,and he was bred to another female last year that produced all slugs if I'm correct. So, if I get one or two from this pairing I'll be happy!

Last edited:
Yep and yep. :awcrap:

Josh,

Thanks for the info. It's not a total loss just yet. there appears to be a few (maybe 3) that look pretty good....i'd be happy with that. Keep in mind that cinder & butter only locked 1 time!! So, the odds, have been against this clutch from the start. Butter Didnt lose much weight, And will likely bounce back pretty quick....we might get a second shot at this!

Against All Odds...Life always Seems to find a way. My hopes for this little bugger isn't very high....But we'll do all we can to see it through. 3 days in..and look what i find! The only egg in the pile i found to have any sign of life....Is this a Vein?? or have I gone bonkers! ???

Attachments

• alive1.JPG
    alive1.JPG
    168.3 KB · Views: 56
  • alive2.JPG
    alive2.JPG
    194 KB · Views: 57
Back