CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Want an edit button and other perks? Become a contributing member! Click here.

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Incubator sale
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2012, 11:18 AM   #11
Buzzard
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbiesCornField View Post
What size egg containers/how many clutches will it (comfortably) hold?
Depends on the size clutches. Here is my older one with 7 clutches inside, egg count of 20,22,17,16,12,8,6=101. If those 8,6 clutches would of been 12 or more, I would of probably had to use larger containers and they would have to go in a different incubator.

Here is the new one with two clutches....12,11

Oooopppsss.... maybe three by the end of the day


Quote:
Originally Posted by AliCat37 View Post
Thanks Buzzard! That's what I did last year too. Outcast, we also used these for our chickens!
Your more than welcome Ali
 
Old 04-16-2012, 02:06 PM   #12
crotalis40741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
Depends on the size clutches. Here is my older one with 7 clutches inside, egg count of 20,22,17,16,12,8,6=101. If those 8,6 clutches would of been 12 or more, I would of probably had to use larger containers and they would have to go in a different incubator.

Here is the new one with two clutches....12,11

Oooopppsss.... maybe three by the end of the day


Your more than welcome Ali

I have that snakes twin lol
 
Old 04-16-2012, 05:23 PM   #13
NickP961
Could the old one hold more clutches than this new one Buzzard?

Pretty corn, btw.
 
Old 04-16-2012, 06:09 PM   #14
cornbreadandmilk
i thought the aspen would contain to many air particles (too fine)
 
Old 04-17-2012, 09:05 PM   #15
ZiggysMom
Buzzard, thanks for the heads up. I got one yesterday. I was going to go the DIY rout but this is much easier.
 
Old 04-17-2012, 09:20 PM   #16
Buzzard
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickP961 View Post
Could the old one hold more clutches than this new one Buzzard?
Pretty corn, btw.
Thanks Nick...She laid 12 perfect eggs

Not sure yet, it would depends on the size containers.(because you got me curious). I was able to fit 6 of the 7 containers from the other incubator in the new one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornbreadandmilk View Post
i thought the aspen would contain to many air particles (too fine)
???If you are refering to the lay box, then that is vermiculite and hatchrite or perlite mix???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggysMom View Post
Buzzard, thanks for the heads up. I got one yesterday. I was going to go the DIY rout but this is much easier.
Your welcome ZiggysMom. Yes it is much easier. I took 1 of the red air hole plugs out and was able to get it to settle at 83-84 within the first couple of hours after getting it.
 
Old 04-17-2012, 09:26 PM   #17
rich333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
Depends on the size clutches. Here is my older one with 7 clutches inside, egg count of 20,22,17,16,12,8,6=101. If those 8,6 clutches would of been 12 or more, I would of probably had to use larger containers and they would have to go in a different incubator.

Here is the new one with two clutches....12,11

Oooopppsss.... maybe three by the end of the day


Your more than welcome Ali

Buzzard,

That first Hova-bator you have Pictured! Thats The one I have!! I bypassed the wafer-style thermo and i'm using a Helix DBS-1000 Pulse-Proportional Thermo to control the heat! Does a beautiful job..if i might say!
 
Old 04-18-2012, 01:53 PM   #18
Buzzard
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich333 View Post
Buzzard,

That first Hova-bator you have Pictured! Thats The one I have!! I bypassed the wafer-style thermo and i'm using a Helix DBS-1000 Pulse-Proportional Thermo to control the heat! Does a beautiful job..if i might say!
Very neat Rich... I have been using the older one(top one) for years.

I think I should mention to anyone just starting out, "NOT" to use the thermometer that comes with the unit. They tend not to be be accurate. Buy a thermometer from another source. I use a $10 walmart thermometer that gives a min/max temp. And it can take up to a day or two to get the temp to where you want it. I got lucky with the new one and hit the mark within a couple of hours.. I like mine at 82-84 degrees.
 
Old 04-23-2012, 11:01 PM   #19
runninghorsespirit
interesting and very insightful i may have to consider this if i can't find the exo incubator that heats and cools since my room doesn't have ac ....
 

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:54 PM.





as of 07/01/02


Fauna Top Sites
 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Page generated in 0.07134509 seconds with 10 queries
Copyright Rich Zuchowski/SerpenCo