CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

anery B ???

Old 02-28-2004, 04:23 AM   #1
fluffyboa
anery B ???

i recently bough an adult pair of corns over here in the UK. They are called Bronzes over here but what do you guys think? Thisis the female and she is very well contrasted. The saddles are jet black. Type B maybe?

thanks
Mark

Old 02-28-2004, 04:39 AM   #2
Rich Z
I would lean more towards it being an 'A' Anerythristic myself.

Old 02-28-2004, 02:55 PM   #3
Kat
Agreed, Rich. And a -very- nice specimin of one. Congrats.

-Kat

Old 02-28-2004, 05:25 PM   #4
Skye
how does one tell the difference between 'A' and 'B' by looking?

Thanks, Skye

Old 02-28-2004, 06:18 PM   #5
okccornsnakes
Anerythristic Type "A" • This morph lacks erythrophores, the red pigment in the skin. This type tends to posess a large amount of yellow pigmentation in the neck. It is NOT compatible with Type "B" Anerythrism.

Anerythristic Type "B" • This morph lacks erythrophores, the red pigment in the skin. This type tends to posess a large amount of yellow pigmentation in the neck. It is NOT compatible with Type "A" Anerythrism. AKA : Charcoal

PER:http://www.cornsnakemorphs.com/genetics.html

Old 02-28-2004, 07:13 PM   #6
CornCrazy
So then why would this one be anery "A?"

I don't see any yellow on this snake.

Old 02-28-2004, 09:24 PM   #7
Rich Z
Yellow is not a reliable indicator of 'A' Anerythrism. At one time we thought it was, but it was only a coincidental factor. We now know that it is completely independent of the Charcoal gene.

I have lots or 'A' Anerythristics that completely lack any trace of yellow:

And some Charcoals that have substantial amounts of yellow:

You should see the mess I have in my Charcoal Ghost project....

Old 02-28-2004, 09:31 PM   #8
CornCrazy
Thank you Rich for posting those wonderful pictures, and clearing up my confusion. I guess it's like all of the other corn snake genes...you never know what is going to pop up!

Old 02-29-2004, 03:46 AM   #9
fluffyboa
thanks everyone for the replies. Can i just say Rich, the charcoal photo you have posted is identical to the adult male which was a clutch mate to the female photo i started this thread with.

Old 02-29-2004, 08:20 AM   #10
janew
I'm curious about this one too. There seems to be a lot of confusion between anery A and B here in the UK. Could it be proven by breeding to amels to produce blizzards? I mean, surely blizzards couldn't be confused with snows? I know this would take a while, but could possibly be worthwhile.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google