• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Different looking Blizzard

Rich Z

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I know I shouldn't pay much attention to the babies before they have their first shed, but this guy just seems to stand out like a sore thumb in that clutch.....

blizzard_pale01.jpg

blizzard_pale02.jpg

blizzard_pale03.jpg

wooohooo... a little worm who doesn't look like he's been flayed... that's awesome looking, Rich! I love his eyes too :)

hmmm wait a minute... he looks sickly... you can send him to me, so the rest of your collection doesn't get whatever it is that he's got :D :D

It looks yellow, or more exactly, very, very faint apricot or orangey yellow to me. The eyes are way different.

Yeah, I guess my philosophy is somewhat different from a lot of people. I don't breed snakes primarily to sell. I breed them because I want to produce interesting animals. When something new hatches out, I don't see dollar signs dancing before my eyes. I see the potential for a whole new world of possibilities that just opened up. Doesn't mean it will actually work out that way, but I can hope....

And I know the best way to produce that 1 in 1,000 animal is to actually produce 1,000 animals. My luck just isn't good enough for me to just depend solely on it. So I roll a LOT of dice to compensate. So if I AM lucky, I get my 1 in 1,000 and also 999 that I can sell off to pay for that effort I made.

Fortunately I have been able to make a living by selling those animals I do not want to keep.

Now, that's not to say that someone throwing me REALLY BIG BUCKS for something wouldn't get my attention. ;)

Yeah, I guess my philosophy is somewhat different from a lot of people. I don't breed snakes primarily to sell. I breed them because I want to produce interesting animals. When something new hatches out, I don't see dollar signs dancing before my eyes. I see the potential for a whole new world of possibilities that just opened up. Doesn't mean it will actually work out that way, but I can hope....

And I know the best way to produce that 1 in 1,000 animal is to actually produce 1,000 animals. My luck just isn't good enough for me to just depend solely on it. So I roll a LOT of dice to compensate. So if I AM lucky, I get my 1 in 1,000 and also 999 that I can sell off to pay for that effort I made.

Fortunately I have been able to make a living by selling those animals I do not want to keep.

Now, that's not to say that someone throwing me REALLY BIG BUCKS for something wouldn't get my attention. ;)

Rich,

Nothing wrong with that philosophy... though it does drive me a little nuts when you can't remember where you put them a year down the road :D :headbang::headbang:

It looks yellow, or more exactly, very, very faint apricot or orangey yellow to me. The eyes are way different.

Remember that it hasn't had it's first shed yet. So color right now is not going to be very accurate as to what it really looks like. I guess I'll get some pics next week and we'll see what it looks like then. I'm kind of half expecting it to gain normal coloration and then look just like all the rest of them. I certainly wouldn't be surprised by that happening....... :awcrap: Lord knows how many Amelanistic Okeetees I had years ago that didn't have much color when they hatched out, but then grew into it when they got some age to them...

Rich,

Nothing wrong with that philosophy... though it does drive me a little nuts when you can't remember where you put them a year down the road :D :headbang::headbang:

LOL!! Yeah, I hear you. But I get some real shockers when I go through animals I haven't seen for a couple of years to line them up on the breeding roster for the coming Spring. I need those pleasant surprises every now and again to keep me going.........

Rich,

Amen to that, I've been dying to see an update pic of that one hypo cinder.
At least Rich makes up for it by producing new "Wow" animals like this one every year. To me it looks like it just has no pigments - a true albino. Those clear eyes are freaky.

Remember that it hasn't had it's first shed yet. So color right now is not going to be very accurate as to what it really looks like. I guess I'll get some pics next week and we'll see what it looks like then. I'm kind of half expecting it to gain normal coloration and then look just like all the rest of them.

I wouldn't be surprised if that happened, either EXCEPT the eyes are so different- hopefully that means the whole pigment scheme is, in fact, different.

Wow! Cool little snake! Seems like I saw something similar on some other web site about two years ago. The breeder was calling it a Transparent Corn. If I remember the site where I saw that, I'll come back and post it.

Wow! Cool little snake! Seems like I saw something similar on some other web site about two years ago. The breeder was calling it a Transparent Corn. If I remember the site where I saw that, I'll come back and post it.

You did. I remember it too. It didn't survive if my memory serves me right.

I like your way of thinking. I'm close to that philosophy but I need to tweak it a little more....got a few things sitting around here that don't do much for me anymore but they sure do sell well.

Back